Find more income power
in your tower.
Cell Tower Lease Buyouts
Our brokerage team will help you cash out at the highest possible current value. We present each cell tower lease to multiple investors and present all offers to our clients.
Our proven process:
- Educate property owners on the wireless industry
- Risk assessment of current leases and long-term financial objectives
- Detailed explanation of the limited rights conveyed by an easement
- Procure and present offers
- Prepare a side-by-side comparison and recommendation
- Provide comprehensive consultation regarding flexible deal options
- Ensure that the terms of the Letter of Intent are reflected in the deal documents
- Coordinate and liaise between buyer and seller to ensure a smooth closing
- Be a resource for rooftop-related questions, post-closing
Lump-sum cash payments are more popular than ever. However, pairing a cell site with a potential investor remains important. We take pride in being the only independent brokerage firm nationwide. Year after year, we’ve closed in excess of $100M in cell tower lease buyouts on behalf of our clients.
The light at the end of your lease.
We close 100% of the lease buyouts we negotiate.
Cell tower lease buyouts can be a daunting undertaking. Determining whether it’s the best decision to sell and ensuring you’re getting the highest payout possible is difficult to know. That’s where Nexus Towers comes in.
Unlike most companies, we negotiate with several buyers working on behalf of you, not the direct buyers or cell carriers. We coordinate a smooth closing and get you the absolute most money possible through a lump sum payout.
- Conduct due diligence on wireless lease assets
- Organize and execute a blind bidding process
- Negotiate deal structure and easement terms
- Provide referrals to attorneys with telecom expertise
- Provide closing services
Our competitive edge.
- A vast network of qualified buyers
- There are no unanswered questions before or after signing
- Alternatives to SNDA (Lender consent)
- Expertise in coordinating simultaneous closings
- Facilitate 1031 exchanges
- Compliance with government-backed mortgages
Lump-Sum Cash Payments
A lump-sum buyout is the sale of your cell tower lease. The transaction involves you assigning the rights of your cell tower lease to your investor, who provides the payment.
A typical closing can take between 30 and 90 days. Depending on each situation, Nexus Towers can ensure that your deadlines are met.
Smooth Closing Process
Attorneys are sometimes busy, but all it takes is a team of focused individuals with one goal in mind: closing. We take pride in closing 100% of the deals we negotiate. Our philosophy is to see things through—from a smooth start to a smooth finish.
Lenders Consent (SNDA)
Assuming the property has a loan in place, the current lienholder will need to sign a “Subordination and Non-Disturbance Agreement” prior to closing. If this isn’t an option, alternative solutions can be discussed.
Capital Gain Tax Treatments
The proceeds from cell tower lease buyout are typically considered capital gains and qualify for a 1031 Exchange. In the past, our clients’ tax professionals have structured the transaction in other creative ways for tax purposes. We advise you to consult with your tax professional before any transaction, as we are not tax professionals.