Don’t let the title, “Fun Facts about Cell Towers…” throw you off. The cell tower industry is a serious one!
Below you’ll find intriguing things in regard to cell towers. Whether you’re a tower landlord with a lease or a layman, some of these tidbits may be surprising!
11 Fun Facts about Cell Towers
- Cell towers are part of the vast infrastructure vital to efficient cell phone and WIFI device usage
- Cell towers are composed of wireless and small shelters on which required apparatus are seated
- Cell tower leasing is a billion-dollar industry
- Roof tops are used to house towers in high-density areas, land space is used for towers in more rural areas
- Towers can be found atop water towers, churches, windmills, silos, industry smoke stacks, schools, other buildings and even artificial trees
- Radiofrequency radiation tower emission safety is periodically being evaluated by health organizations
- Health studies concentrate on cancer risks, headaches, sleep disorders, genetic impairment, reproductive damage, memory deficiency and effects on the nervous system
- For safety purposes, tower antennas are aimed away from residential or building interiors
- Antennas within urban areas work on the least amount of radiation necessary
- Insurance companies do not cover unknown long-term damages of radiation from cell towers
- 5G may drastically reduce the concept of cell tower leasing on private properties by using smaller base stations like street lamps and utility poles
Nexus Towers offers transparent guidance and professional services to empower property owners to leverage the highest value from their wireless assets. Our supportive services include oversight and management, lease consulting, lease evaluation and lump sum lease buyouts.
SUMMARY: Learn some fun facts about a serious industry. Here you’ll find interesting tidbits involving cell towers, property owners, carriers, leases and the ever-evolving world of communications.